DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITED WARRANTY
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN SECTIONS B BELOW, BUYER WAIVES ALL WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES OF SELLER, AND ALL RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND REMEDIES OF BUYER AGAINST SELLER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW, IN EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY NONCONFORMANCE OR DEFECT IN THE GOODS DELIVERED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, VALUE, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE;
- ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE;
- ANY OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS OR REMEDIES IN TORT WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF SELLER, ACTUAL OR IMPLIED
- ANY OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS OR REMEDIES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTAL DAMAGES;
LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY AND REPAIR POLICY. Seller warrants that the physical embodiment and hardware aspects of the Product as shipped are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of 1 year (12 Months) from date of shipment (as detailed in Customers sales or delivery receipt). All American Auto-Matrix Software and Firmware carry a standard 3-month (90 day) software/firmware warranty that begins on the date of shipment as detailed by the invoice sales or shipping document.
- Express Exclusion for Programming, Programmability, Method, Means and Function. The Limited Hardware Warranty and Repair Policy does not apply to any claim arising out of (a) the programmability of the Product; (b) the method and means of function of the programming aspects of the Product; (c) the Product's compatibility with any other system, service or product; (d) improper installation, maintenance, modification, or repair; (e) insufficient training and / or (f) improper, incorrect, or negligent programming or configuration. Any and all problems questions or concerns relating to the Product's programming, programmability, configuration, method, means or function must be resolved through review of documentation provided or AAM's Technical Support staff. Seller will provide Technical Support according to the terms and conditions set forth below.
- Repair Procedure. If a defect in the physical embodiment and / or hardware aspects of the Product arises and Seller receives a valid claim within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, Seller will either (a) repair the product at no charge using new or refurbished replacement parts, or (b) exchange the product with a product that is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product. The Limited Hardware Warranty and Repair Policy does not apply to goods repaired under the Policy. All repairs must be requested pursuant to the policies of the Seller which require obtaining a Return Material Authorization prior to returning any product. This can be obtained by contacting Inside Sales at InsideSales@aamatrix.com or by filling out the contact form located in the Customer Service section on www.bacnetcontrol.com. If the Customer requests the repair of Product outside of the above Warranty Period or requests repair of Product that has been damaged or modified in any way, then the Seller may at its sole discretion, repair the product for a fee to be determined by the Seller and agreed between the Seller and the Customer. Product returned as an in-warranty return but found to have "no problem found" and therefore no defect will be charged $100 plus freight for the return of the product.
- Deemed Irreparable By American Auto-Matrix (AAM). A product is deemed irreparable by American Auto-Matrix when, in AAM's sole view, it is physically damaged beyond repair, or when the repair labor cost and/or parts costs exceed the cost of a replacement product. As a matter of policy, American Auto-Matrix judges any product that has a price below $100.00 to be uneconomical to repair and irreparable.
- Return Material Authorization. All products returned to American Auto-Matrix must be pre-authorized using this Return Material Authorization Procedure. The process is applicable for both In-Warranty and Out-of-Warranty circumstances. It provides for the issuance of an authorization number that is used to track products that have been returned to AAM. If you return products to AAM without marking them with a previously attained RMA number they will be returned to the return address on the label without action by AAM.
- All products to be returned to American Auto-Matrix must be authorized by a numbered Return Material Authorization (RMA) obtained by an Authorized representative of AAM. To receive an RMA number, Customers must complete the RMA form. This form can be requested by filling out the customer service form located on www.bacnetcontrol.com or by contacting Inside Sales at InsideSales@aamatrix.com.
- The RMA form must be completed in its entirety. Failure to complete the form will result in an RMA number not being provided. The completed RMA form must be emailed to Inside Sales to begin the process.
- Clearly indicate on the RMA request if the product is being returned under warranty.
- Products should be returned to AAM without accessories: cables, power packs, carrying cases, etc. AAM is not responsible for accessories returned with equipment.
- Controls Products should be returned in an anti-static bag as originally shipped, and must be packaged so as to guard against damage in shipping. Clearly mark the RMA number on the exterior of the packaging. An improperly packaged product may be deemed to have been damaged by application and thusly not be eligible for warranty coverage.
- Customers are responsible for freight charges to AAM. For acknowledged In-Warranty returns, normal ground transportation charges will be reimbursed by AAM.
- If AAM verifies that the contents of the package match the RCA, that the product has not been used or damaged, and less than 61 days have elapsed, a credit will be issued.
CANCELATION AND RETURN FOR CREDIT
- Cancelations. Orders may only be canceled before they ship. To cancel an order Customers must go to www.bacnetcontrol.com and either submit a form via the customer service link or email Inside Sales at InsideSales@aamatrix.com.
- Return for Credit. Products ordered as the wrong item or in excess of requirements may be returned for credit after obtaining a Return Credit Authorization number in accordance with this section.
- To receive an RCA number, the Customer must complete an RCA form. This form can be requested by filling out the customer service from located on www.bacnetcontrol.com or by contacting Inside Sales at InsideSales@aamatrix.com.
- The RCA form must be completed in its entirety. Failure to complete the form will result in an RCA number not being provided. The completed RCA form must be emailed to Inside Sales to begin the process.
- No product can be returned for credit or otherwise after 60 days from the original date of shipment. Qualified products that are correctly and timely returned will be subject to a restocking charge of 10% of product price for returns 0-10 days from the original date of shipment from AAM, 15% of product price for returns 11-30 days from original date of shipment, 30% of product price for returns 31-60 days from original date of shipment.
- No used or damaged product can be returned. "Used product" is defined as any product that was removed from its packaging material and power was applied or its enclosure was scratched or altered in any way.
- The Customer must return the product to AAM with the RCA number clearly written on the outside of the package within 10 days of issuance of the RCA number. The Customer is responsible for all freight charges to AAM for the return.
- Software returned within 10 days, in its original and un-opened tamper-proof packaging, will be charged a 10% restocking fee. Software returned from 11-30 days, in its original un-opened tamper-proof packaging, will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Software returned between 31-60 days, in its original un-opened tamper-proof packaging will be subject to a 30% restocking fee. After 60 days, no software products will be eligible for return credit.
- Software product with the tamper-proof seal broken will not be eligible for any return credit.
COPY PROTECTION DEVICE REPLACEMENT
- Should a USB copy protection key become damaged or non-functional, contact Inside Sales at InsideSales@aamatrix.com or by filling out the customer service form on www.bacnetcontrol.com. You will be asked to purchase a replacement copy of the software which will be sold at the original purchase price but subject to potential credit. You must provide Inside Sales with the serial number of the original purchased software to obtain this credit as follows: A replacement USB key will be issued with the remaining duration of the original license period. If the damaged USB key is received by AAM within 30 days of replacement key issuance, the Customer will be credited all but $100.00 of the purchase price. If the damaged USB key is received by AAM after 30 days, or not received, no credit will be issued.
- American Auto-Matrix Technical Support is offered solely for the purpose of troubleshooting the communications and configuration of the products as purchased from www.bacnetcontrol.com. In this regard AAM will provide limited support on common BACnet MS/TP network configuration practices and the controller configuration. AAM will not support the design of electrical circuitry or electrical load or wiring practices or any other aspect of controls design and engineering other those pertaining directly to the controller functions and wiring.
- Technical support is initiated and provided based on the establishment of a user account through his/her registration of a copy of the SmartOne Configuration Wizard. Technical support will not be available until this process has been completed by the customer.
- Field technicians should download and read both the installation instructions and the user manual for the product(s) in question before contacting Technical Support. Excessive use of Technical Support or abuse of this service may result in the need for the Customer to purchase Technical Support service time at $100 per hour of support or denial of service.
- The best support can be provided if AAM can be given direct internet access to the controllers through a BTL listed BACnet Router such as the Matrix-BBO, or indirectly by access to the customer's PC through a remote internet connection while customer's PC is connected through the SMT-Link to the controllers. Before contacting Tech Support the customer should provide for remote access by AAM to his controllers either through a BACnet router connected to the controller(s), or through a PC connected directly to the controllers using the SMT-Link and also having remote internet access.
- AAM Technical Support can be contacted via e-mail at SmartOneSupport@aamatrix.com or by filling out the customer support form found on www.bacnetcontrol.com.